I'm a Lutheran. While we Lutherans believe in the priesthood of the people, we do not preach unless properly called and ordained by the church. I have been writing sermons for some time and may some day go to seminary, if it please God. Until then, I have no authority to preach, and therefore these sermons should be taken for what they are: not an educated and authoritative teaching on the word of God, but an exercise in studying said word and writing my discoveries in sermon form.

Hymns are from Evangelical Lutheran Worship unless otherwise specified.

Sunday 20 May 2012

Back to the wilderness

It's ridiculous how far behind I am. I've been getting really busy with worldly things, some of which serve the Lord, and some of which have a lot more to do with Cesar. So, I haven't been finding time to write sermons. Therefore, this weekend I'm making time. I'm not seeing anybody all weekend. Period. And I will continue spending my weekends in the wilderness until I am caught up on sermons.

Truth be told, I like it in the wilderness. It's peaceful and you can talk to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment